FAQ: Finding Evaluation Data
Where do I find old evaluation data from courses I've taught?
Evaluation data is located different places depending on several factors (semester, systems used, your college/department).
We will do our best to retrieve any and all archived data you request. From experience, roughly 95% of the time we are able to find data from courses. However, we cannot guarantee your data is in our archives. It is quite possible that data was never collected for your course, if we cannot locate it. We suggest you also check with your department to see if they have the data, which oftentimes is in paper format since printed reports were generally provided to departments each semester.
Evaluation Systems Timeline
Below is a timeline explaining where to find evaluation data:
Evaluation Systems Chart
NOTE: How to Request Past Evaluation Data
- To request past evaluation data for courses you have taught, copy/paste the following text:
- Instructor PID:
- This necessary information should be provided in the "Problem" description in the 4Help form.
Evaluation Systems Information
- Paper Forms - The paper evaluation forms that were used for many years were digitalized and archived beginning with 2002. No grand summary/aggregated reports exist any longer for paper forms unless a department still has a paper copy. Any data that might exist for your courses can be manually retrieved by sending a request with the necessary information (Contact 4Help).
- IDDL Survey System - Institute for Distance and Distributed Learning (IDDL) previously used their own survey system for their courses and can be retrieved by contacting IDDL Support.
- Legacy Online Evaluation System - An online evaluation system was utilized for a number of years before being replaced by SPOT. Only raw data in .txt files currently exists from this system, not the report format you might have gotten from the system originally. Also no grand summary/aggregated reports exist any longer for this system.The system was totally decommissioned in Summer of 2012 and is no longer available, but data was extracted before it was shutdown. Any data that might exist for your courses can be manually retrieved by sending a request with the necessary information (Contact 4Help).
- SPOT Evaluation System - The SPOT System was implemented progressively (college-by-college) and was university-wide beginning Fall 2012. Starting with Fall 2011, each instructor's evaluation data is loaded in their Scholar account (Instructions for accessing in Scholar).
- Pamplin Supplemental SPOT Survey System - This evaluation system is run and managed by the Pamplin College and is used for College of Business courses that run on non-semester schedules, such as those in the EMBA and PMBA programs. Questions should be directed to Pamplin IT Support.
For more information...