FAQ: Choosing a Home Department for Cross-Listed Courses

How do I choose and set the home department for a cross-listed course in SPOT?


Data regarding cross-listed courses has been loaded into Banner by the Registrar's office. However, this information should be verified to ensure that the correct unit is deignated as the "home department" for the course.

  1. In Banner, go to the SCADETL form.
  2. Select the Degree Attribute tab, and verify that the Home attribute indicates the correct department for the given course.
  3. Repeat this process for each cross-listed course.
  4. Discuss potential changes with your counterparts in the other appropriate department(s) and reach a consensus regarding which department should be the home for each course. Contact the Registrar's office (tload@vt.edu) to make changes if needed.