FAQ: Trouble Logging in to SPOT
I am having trouble logging in to the SPOT Evaluation Website.
There are a few things you can do in this situation:
- You can clear your browser cache and try again.
- You can use another browser. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari are all supported for SPOT surveys.
Also try logging in this way:
- Log in to MyVT with your PID and PID password.
- While still logged in, in the same browser, go to SPOT and click VT Login. Are you able to log in? If not, please note the error message and continue to step 3.
- Try logging out of MyVT and then close all browser windows.
- Open a new window and go to SPOT and click on VT Login. Type in your PID and PID password and click Login. Are you able to log in? If not, please note the error message and continue to step 5.
- Go to SPOT and click on Guest Login. On the next screen, type in your PID and PID password and click Login. Are you able to log in? If not, please note the error message and contact 4Help.
: Each night, Scholar gets updated with newly created accounts from the previous day.
- If you are not able to log into MyVT, then contact 4Help.
- If you are able to log into MyVT but not Scholar, wait until the next day and try again. If trouble persists, contact 4Help.
IMPORTANT NOTE FOR FACULTY
: Reports on the SPOT Evaluation Site (https://spot.tlos.vt.edu
) are only available for a limited time (about 14 days for fall and spring, 7 days for summer sessions) shortly after grades are due each term. After the 14 or 7 day window closes, reports are only available in Scholar; see: Accessing SPOT Evaluation Reports